What is Mystery Shopping?
The principle behind Mystery Shopping is simple. A mystery shopper is someone who is paid to visit a business as a ‘typical customer’. During his or her visit, they will observe and evaluate the customer experience in all its dimensions.
Why Use Mystery Shopping?
- When location, pricing, and product assortment are no longer unique, service is often the key to success or failure
- It costs ten times more to obtain a new customer than to keep an existing one
- One unhappy customer will tell 5 other people of their bad experience with service
Benefits of Mystery Shopping.
- Monitors and measures customer service levels through a ‘typical’ customers eyes
- Improves customer retention
- Identify training needs quickly
- Ensures standards are achieved and upheld
- A cost effective way to gain impartial feedback
How to Make the Most of Mystery Shopping Programmes.
- Let employees know the programme is in place and what is expected of them
- Have a plan for publishing and using the findings
- Always use the reports in a positive manner to gain acceptance of the programme
- Provide rewards for excellent reports
- Evaluate only things that can be changed
- Use the reports to target training and operational adjustments
Get in touch today to discuss getting your Mystery Shopper programme in place. Don’t delay.